PE & Sports Premium
Vision Statement for P.E
Our aim is for all children at Woore Primary and Nursery School to experience high quality Physical Education (P.E), school sport and physical activity that will lead to lifelong participation in sport as part of a healthy lifestyle.
We will aim to:
- improve children's health and well being
- provide high quality sporting opportunities for all
- assist each individual to be the best that they can be
- encourage community involvement and responsibility
- promote a lifelong love of sport
- celebrate sporting achievements
- continue the lasting legacy of the Olympic and Paralympic games.
We recognise that sport has an important role to play in raising standards and narrowing the achievement gap. Research has shown that sport as part of a broad and balanced curriculum can improve attendance, behaviour and attainment. Sport can also build self-esteem, teamwork and leadership skills.
PE & Sports Funding
In April 2013 the government announced funding for physical education (PE) and school sport. The aim of the sports premium is to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. The school has received approximately £8,000 per year following this. This funding is set to continue for the foreseeable future and has been doubled for the 2017-18 academic year. How the money is spent is up to the school to decide in order to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles. Sports premium spend is reported to parents via this website and is reported to governors through the Head Teachers report.
At Woore Primary and Nursey School the funding has been used in the following ways:
- Buying in Local Authority expertise in creating a Forest School site and training an existing staff member to make the project sustainable.
- Using external coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons in order to increase their subject knowledge and improve the quality of PE that the children access.
- Joining a network of schools to provide a support network and the experience of a secondary link PE teacher who will support schools through regular network meetings and improving opportunities for competitive school sports.
- Buying into the Youth Sports Trust Quality Mark to audit existing provision and use this as a means of developing further the quality of PE and school sports provision.
- Supporting the competitions and school sport involved in achieving the annual Sainsbury's School Games Award
- Increased opportunities for competitive competitions for all children, for example, participation in an inter- schools cross country competition and entry into a local High-5 Netball league.
- Ensuring a wide range of after school clubs are available to children and support for funding 'vulnerable' groups of children so that they can access these.
- Providing continuing professional development for school staff.
- Providing opportunities for children to access a change for life club.
- Updating P.E resources and P.E programmes
Amount of grant received
- Sept 2013-March 2014 £4,970.00
- April 2014-August 2014 £3,220.00
- Sept 2014-March 2015 £4,813.00
- April 2015-August 2015 £3,437.00
- Sept 2015-March 2016 £4,833.00
- April 2016-August 2016 £3,452.00
- Sept 2016-March 2017 £4,821.00
- April 2017-August 2017 £3,444.00
How funding has been spent
- Market Drayton Area Schools Sports Partnership (MDASSP)
- Activsports Area Partnership
- Coach hire to sports events
- Forest School Level 3 Training
- Forest School consultancy
- Forest school sessions delivered by LA
- MDASSP Athletics fees
- Forest School Resources
- Provision of Forest School Leader
- New P.E Shed
- P.E resources
- P.E CPD for Teaching Staff
- Playground Markings
- Change4life clubs
- Train Sports Leaders
- Reading the Game Programme
How funding will be spent in future
- P.E resources
- Activsports Athletics fees
- Funding Activsports events-fees, resources, transport costs
- CPD for Teaching staff
- Enhancing lunch time provision
- Enhancing after school provision
- Forest School Provision
- Train Sports Leaders
- Reading the Game
- Additional Swimming Provision
Our work and participation with the MDASSP can be found in the following documents:
- MDASSP Competition Calender Sept 2013-July 2014
- MDASSP Participation in Cluster Competitions Sept 2013-July 2014
- Overall progress report June 2014 by Rosalind Whittaker