Our nursery is part of the main school and is managed by the headteacher. There are three members of staff working within the nursery on a full and part-time basis. The nursery benefits from instant access to the large outdoor learning space which it shares with the children in Class 1. This allows strong links to be made across the EYFS with pupils having opportunities to share learning environments and opportunities together. Children have free-flow to the outdoor environment throughout the day.
Your child/ren will benefit from a child-centred approach where planning is focussed upon the age, stage and interests of your child within small groups. When appropriate, children will participate in planned phonics sessions and reading, writing and maths will be integrated within your child's play.
The children take part in Forest School sessions every week alongside Class 1. This allows children to explore the forest area, play in the mud kitchen and take part in a range of forest activities. At the end of every term there is a forest fire where the children toast marshmallows.
Nursery pupils integrate within school routines such as assemblies and join school pupils on school visits and school workshops and of course during playtimes. We have found that the school children are wonderfully protective and caring of the younger children at these times, whilst our nursery pupils love the opportunity to be with the ‘big children’ and integrate easily into the life of ‘Big School'.
Due to our rural location, we attract children from a wide geographical area and we are able to offer places for pupils from 2 years old until they reach school age. Most of our children progress, at four years of age through to the Reception/Y1 class within the school.
At present we are able to take 8 pupils (3-4yrs) and 4 pupils (2yrs) within one session to ensure that our adult:pupil ratios are sufficient.
- To provide high quality care and education for children in our care
- To work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop relevant to their age and stage
- To provide an interesting and stimulating learning environment for which your child to progress
- To offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity
- To provide a 'Key Person' system
The nursery has a key person system. This means that each member of staff has a group of children for whom she/he is particularly responsible. Your child's key person will be the person who works with you to make sure that what the nursery provides is right for your child's particular needs and interests. When your child first starts at the nursery, their key person will help your child to settle and throughout your child's time at the nursery, she/he will help your child to progress and develop through their learning journey.
Members of Staff:
- Rebekah Wainwright: NVQ Level 3, Paediatric First Aid, SEN level 3
- Catarina Robinson: NVQ Level 3, Paediatric First Aid
- Dawn Roberts: NVQ Level 3
- is in a safe and stimulating learning environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our high ratio of adults to children;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being supported to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has access to a specially planned and tailored curriculum
- has a personal key person who makes sure your child progresses to the best of their ability
- is in a nursery which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop
Snacks and meals
Our nursery makes snacks and meals a social time at which children eat together. We provide fruit and milk/water during snack times. Do tell us about your child's dietary needs and we will make sure that these are met. Pupils are able to join our lunch club where they can eat a hot meal which is cooked on-site by the school cook or bring their own sandwiches. Children join the school pupils in the hall for lunch on a daily basis.
We would love to welcome you and your child/ren to our nursery.